Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
by: Chinwe Umunna PCHS ’17
This recipe is a nice tangy, creamy dip that tastes just like buffalo chicken! It’s great to be served as an appetizer, or a meal. This dip can be eaten with crackers, veggie sticks, or any chip of your kind.This recipe can be served cold or hot. Buffalo chicken dip is great for parties, game days, or just a fun easy snack. This dip is exactly like the buffalo chicken wing, just without the bone. The dip can be baked, refrigerated , or slow cooked. This recipe has been received from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/68461/buffalo-chicken-dip/
- (2 cans) 10 ounces of chunked chicken
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- ½ cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up the cream cheese and pour in the milk and ranch dressing. Switch to a rubber spatula to continue smashing it and mixing it until smooth. Mix in the buffalo sauce next, whisking to combine until it’s blended. Stir in the chicken and half of the shredded cheese.
Scrape the mixture into a casserole dish or an oven safe bowl. Top the dip with the remaining shredded cheese and then place it into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Below are links for two ways to cook buffalo chicken dip.
Slow cooked- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVWbpjHyx4k
Yes, it’s just that easy!
by Khayla Wilson, PCHS ’17
Are you a shrimp lover or hater? I for one was always a hater. I started to tolerate it more and more as I would go out with my parents & they’d eat it. But guess what, you can never go wrong with the creamy parmesan garlic flavor combination with anything! If you’re ever in search of a quick and easy appetizer, well search no further because this can be made in 5-10 minutes. All you need is olive oil, garlic, freshly grated parmesan, a few pantry spices… and of course… SHRIMP. That’s it.
- Ingredients are as follows:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place shrimp in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.