By: Ansley Evans ’20
We all have that go-to recipe or that one recipe we are looking for. My go-to breakfast recipe is blueberry muffins. It is a simple and delicious recipe. You can make this recipe with a few simple ingredients and it takes no time at all. All you will need is…
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 TSP. of baking powder
- 1/2 TSP. of kosher salt.
- 1/4 TSP. of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup (more or less depending on your preference) of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 TBSP. of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix egg, milk, and oil in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. DO NOT over mix. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tin and let rest a few minutes while you prepare the topping.
- In a small bowl, combine all crust ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the muffin mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Let rest in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.
These muffins are super flavorful with fresh blueberries throughout the muffin. And the crunchy, buttery, flavorful crumble topping makes these muffins go from good to great. This recipe is sure to be a huge hit in your family.